Monday 9 May 2011

Cob Course - Sponsorship needed

I need some help and if there is anybody out there reading this who feels they can I would be extremely grateful.

Background:



I have become very interested in building with cob (mud and straw). Many of the houses here in the village were built this way and the materials are readily available for free. Last summer we experimented with mud-plastering the entrance and the results were very successful. This year we hope to recontruct the falling-down summer kitchen using mainly cob, introducing decoratative features with glass bottles, tile mosaics, etc.. I am also in the middle of replastering a small room in the house, again planning to incorporate decorative features (inspired by Maurice Sendak's "Where the Wild Things Are" - I want to make 3-D tree trunks and branches in the corners with a textured leaf canopy effect near the ceiling). Until now my only real experience with working with mud has been the trial-and-error, hit-and-miss approach ... and while this has served me well so far I would really like to learn more about it from someone who has more experience. I have just been told that a two-day course will be taking place not too far from here at the end of June and I would really like to attend.




The help I need:




The course costs 100 leva (50 euro) and since our current budget barely covers our living expenses I am looking for a possible sponsor who could donate this amount on our behalf to the course organisers. I would be more than willing to repay the favor in the future by sharing my new skills and knowledge or volunteering with some mud-related work.




If anyone feels they can help I would be very happy to hear from you:




lielle8 (at) yahoo (dot) co (dot) uk

No comments:

Post a Comment