Monday 20 June 2011

Volunteering

It's taken me a while, but I have come to the conclusion that to really push forward with our project here and get things done I need volunteers, in fact that is how I discovered the village in the first place when I volunteered here three years ago. So, just over a week ago I took the plunge and signed up with helpx and workaway as a host and am already feeling the benefits!



With help from our first volunteer Ben we have almost finished the mud-plastering project in the cool room and are even hoping to have laid a new floor there by the end of the week. He also helped us sort out the hayloft which is now being used by Lielle and friends as a den. But the best fun of all was having Ben and a couple of other local volunteers join us for our weekly arts & crafts / sports fun earlier today with our regular small group of local children. They joined in enthusiastically with the "capture the flag" challenge and the kids just loved them.





No comments:

Post a Comment